Sunday, September 7, 2008

What was I thinking?!?!?

Today was Missey's birthday (Happy Birthday!!!) so we were having a small-ish get together over at her house. One of the guests was Missey's ironman coach, Hector. I learned a hard lesson. Never say that you have no desire to do a marathon in front of him and all of your friends. He kept pressing to know why...I never gave him a reason he would accept. He kept pressing along with everyone else. Before I knew it, he had conviced me and one other lady to join the insanity...I mean, fun. By the end of the night, I was registered.

My friend, Rick, is doing both the Half Marathon and the full Marathon dressed in Star Wars armor to raise money for charity. He's walking the race...I will be part of his support crew. At least I'll be distracted by this. LOL

Here's the craziest part...The Disney Marathon is the VERY strict about time cut-offs. What makes me think I can do this? Well, you never know until you try!

So, now in addition to sharing my weight loss journey, I'll be sharing my journey to 26.2 miles. Wish me luck...I'm going to need all that I can get!!!

No comments: