Friday, September 5, 2008

Virginia Beach Update

Virginia Beach has come and gone! It's hard to believe that it's over. The weekend started when Missey and I left on Friday morning. We arrived in Virginia Beach and immediately checked into our hotel and headed to the Expo. We were anxious to get our packets before the craziness began. After the Expo, we kept close to the hotel as it had started raining and then ran some errands...party store, grocery store and such. At the end of the night, we joined Aimee and Kelly (who had just arrived) in the bar for some food and drink. A good time was had by all!!!
Saturday morning started with a short run, breakfast and decorating the birthday gir's room. (We're evil!) Missey went to pick up Sandi, Joy and Beth the Birthday Girl from the airport while Aimee and I finished decorating. I think Beth was ready to kill us upon her arrival at the hotel:


After a quick change, it was off to the Expo again. They needed to pick up their race packets and do a little shopping. However, this time Beth was the attention getter...we made her wear her birthday crown all weekend!

After the Expo we headed back to the hotel and had a scrumptious dinner at Aldo's. I wish we had one here in Orlando!

Sunday was race day so we started early...breakfast, dressing and making sure we had everything we needed! Then, we were off!!! We met everyone in the lobby:

The one bad part of the weekend was that Beth fell between mile 1 and 2...she messed up her shoulder but she finished the race makeshift sling and all. She is an amazing woman! I was pleased with my race...I finished 10-15 minutes faster than I did on my first one. I don't have an "official" time from Disney because they turn off the timing mat at 3:30...I was in between 3:40 and 3:45. Oh well!


After the race we went to Abbey Road for drinks and burgers, spent some time at the pool and then got ready to go out to dinner to Captain George's Seafood. It's an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet. I can only do this on a day I have a major workout! LOL

Here's the dinner crew:


All in all it was a FABULOUS time! I am looking forward to my next race and my next adventure with all of my friends!

No comments: